Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lost at School

Having survived several tough days at school, my 7 year old and I are at a loss. Neither understands each other. On that note, I went back through my library and am giving Dr. Ross Greene's book, The Explosive Child another read. I may have forgotten a few things about dealing with my child. In addition, I have just ordered Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them - Dr. Green's latest edition. Actually, I ordered two - I am giving one to the new principal at my son's school. Dr. Greene has a significant amount of insight about kids on the spectrum and his checklist assessment of lagging skills and unsolved problems really makes me think. You can find this on the website for the Center for Collaborative Problem Solving.

No comments:

Post a Comment