http://peterwrightlr.eventbrite.com/ is the link to the Little Rock conference. It will be Thursday, April 01, 2010 from 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM (CT) at the William J. Clinton Presidential Center.
From the website:
Peter Wright will guide parents and professionals on how to write good IEPs for the disabled child during this all-day conference. He will cover IEP regulations, recent changes in the federal law, and the drafting of SMART IEPs.
The conference features Peter Wright's newest book, the 2010 All About IEPs. Written in a question-and-answer format, this book answers the many questions a parent or educator may have about special education law and children's rights.
All About IEPs
Peter Wright is a leading scholar on special education law and the author of the classic Wrightslaw series on disability rights. His website www.wrightslaw.com is a great resource for families and educators seeking help with special education law.
Year-end IEP meetings are coming up soon, and every parent and educator needs to be prepared!
BOOKS AND CD-ROMs to ALL ATTENDEES
All conference attendees receive:
* From Emotions to Advocacy by Peter Wright
* All About IEPs by Peter Wright, new for 2010!
* CD-ROM on “Legal Requirements of IEPs”
* CD-ROM on “Understanding Your Child’s Test Scores”
a $62.80 value, FREE.
* Early registration starts now until March 10th. You pay only $35.00 for the all-day conference, books and CD-ROMs.
* Standard registration costs $50 until March 29th, two days before the conference.
* Late registration is $70.
* CEU and CLE credit is also available with a $80 registration. This registration will be available shortly.
Payment is due at the time of registration, but those with tickets may designate subsitutes.